Friday, January 24, 2014

Real Estate Drama: An Anticlimactic Hope

So apparently I spoke too soon. I thought maybe the real estate agents full mailbox was going to be the big drama. But nope. I was wrong. The BIG drama ended up being the wire transfer. I made it as soon as the bank opened yesterday, But that meant it was already noon in Michigan. Then it took almost till 2:00 to clear my account and they still hadn't received it. The real estate agent called me freaking out because the title company closed at 5:00 and if they didn't get it then we'd have to wait until Monday and do it all again. Well, long story short...we didn't make it. I went to the bank and called them like 4 times to give me tracking numbers, and even to fax the transfer over to them directly from the bank. We were down to the wire, 15 minutes, 10 minutes...still the money didn't clear. Then they finally go the fax! But the bank teller didn't put the one thing they needed which was the tracking number! So the time lapsed, and all our hope for closing yesterday ran out. GODDAMMIT! I realize it isn't the end of the world, but it felt pretty upsetting. It was not my fault, I could do nothing to make it go faster, and so there was this helpless feeling of something not working right but having no way to fix it.
So yesterday was kind of a waste, especially for all the stress it involved. We still have no house. Lol. What a Friday.

I know I shouldn't stress about this, but how can I not? Daddy sent me a text yesterday reminding me that there would be some stress along with this "adventure". But he was preaching to the choir on that one. This whole thing has been stress, at least for me. I'm banking on the fact that it will be more fun and adventure-like once we leave the house purchasing, and moving, and packing behind us. I hope I'm not wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment