Monday, January 6, 2014

Men of Action Save the Day

Pho for lunch and writing...
I am on day 5 of my aggravating and relentless headache. I think it's probably a combination of not sleeping very well and stress. I spent half of last night awake trying to decide if it was really worth the expense of moving our furniture back east, or if we should just sell it all and hope we could buy new when we got there. I went back and forth a hundred times. "I want to keep my stuff. But it's not worth the shipping cost. But we wouldn't be able to replace it for what we'd sell it for on Craigslist. But maybe it's time to let some of it go. But why would I do that when we can't afford to get new stuff? But we don't need new stuff yet. We are staying with Dad. But we'll need stuff eventually, and it would be nice to have some of our favorite and familiar pieces. Like my reading chair. But you can get another reading chair. But I don't want another reading chair...." And on and on. I even got up early to think about it all. I wanted to get it all sorted out (the pros and cons) and know what I thought the solution was before Eduardo got up and we discussed it. And I wanted to have it done today, because I really didn't feel like staying up half the night again tonight thinking about it.
Eduardo and I discussed the options briefly while I got ready for work. But we didn't decide anything.
Then he called me a couple hours later, and said he had reserved the storage truck, and told me when it would be dropped off, and how many days it would take, and just like that it was done! No more stressing about yes or no, it's just done! We are taking whatever we can fit in there with us. And that's it. Lol. Excellent! What a load off my mind. Isn't he the best?  I tell you, I love a man of action. And it plays super well against my crazy neurotic compulsive worrying don't you think?
And then I've been in contact with the real estate agent, trying to sort out who/where the deposit goes, and how the inspections will work. I texted Daddy to see if he could help figure that stuff out, and he's already taken care of it! He already talked to the septic guy who is confident that the septic will be fine (but he is going to look in the tank just to make sure) and he's got someone coming out to do an inspection of the whole place and give us an estimate on how much it will cost to fix up. Also excellent! It's just such a relief that he is there and knows who to call and what needs to be done, and is willing to coordinate everything with Julie. I don't know what Eduardo and I would have done if he wasn't there to lead the way. Well, first of all we wouldn't be buying a house I suppose... I know whatever stress I am feeling would be a thousand times worse if he wasn't helping us, so I am feeling extra super grateful.

So today is shaping up to be a great day. 
It  is (obviously) slow here at work, and I am once again reminded of one of the reasons why I want to move. I'm thinking about all the things we will be doing once we have the house and move. No more long boring days I'll wager. But this is nice too. At least for a few more weeks. And I am going to try to enjoy being here, at this wonderful job that I don't love, while I still have the chance. Then I'm going to have another cup of coffee and daydream about what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment