Sunday, January 19, 2014

Farewell SF Style


Working in the City...not so fun.
I can't believe I never wrote about Eduardo and my trip up to the City after he got home from working with Dad! I guess I must have been too busy, or maybe I wrote about it in my personal journal and only thought I'd written about it here. Anyway, it was a part of our moving adventure because it was our farewell trip up there before we took off for Michigan.
I had been working up there the previous week, the week before Eduardo came home, and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be fun to come up here and NOT have to watch guys drill pier holes, and NOT have to wear a hard hat? Wouldn't it be fun to come up with Eduardo for one more fun day of exploring and wandering? So that's just what we did. And it was super fun!
I'll admit that it made me a little sad though too. And I'll admit to having meloncholy feelings as we hiked up the Embarcadero, and strolled through the Ferry Building...and when we stopped for drinks in North Beach, and when we had lunch in Little Italy..oh yeah, and also when I was buying my super cool bowls in Chinatown. Oh!  and finally, when we were listening to Christmas music and looking at the window displays on Market Street....Sigh.
But that's all part of moving isn't it? You have to say goodbye to one place to say hello to somewhere else. That's just the way it works.  I am glad we went. It was a fun day, and a great memory, And the weather was fantastic and over all it was a good send off from good ol' SF. But I do miss being just a short drive away...





No comments:

Post a Comment