Thursday, January 23, 2014

Falling Into Place

It's been a few days since I've written, and that's because I have been more in the "doing" than "thinking" mode. When one has to pack up an entire household, organize an office, sort, compile, organize, separate, evaluate, and deal with long distance real estate issues, and get homeowners insurance...well, there isn't really much room in there for thinking...or writing.
So, we are closing tomorrow! It was always supposed to be tomorrow, but then there was a problem with the contract (it didn't say "Drive" after Meadow Lawn), so then the agent thought it would be delayed till "early next week", but that doesn't work unless she means Monday because we are off to Alaska on Tuesday! So then there was some back and forth last night and this morning, and I had to sign an addendum, but, anyway we are back on for tomorrow.
I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be. I AM excited about getting the house for sure, but I mean about the closing specifically. It seems more like a technicality now. Not the "big event". When I see people closing on houses on TV, it seems so much more dramatic. Maybe they just make it look like that for entertainment purposes? They always kiss someone afterward too. Like a final step to seal the deal. Eduardo will be at work, so unless I drive up to Chili's, I'll have no one to kiss. Sad face. I guess it's true then. TV is not like real life. Ha ha.
Anyway, it will be a relief to have it all finalized. And I got an insurance quote that is much less expensive than I thought it would be, so that is good news. And I got it though AAA after all, (but not the same guy I talked to before). And it will be a relief to have it done before we go to AK.

OMG. I just found out that my work is going to give me a $13 an hour raise on my hourly rate! So I'll be making $38 an hour working from home!!!!! Isn't that awesome? What a relief! No, it's better than relief...it's an unexpected pleasant surprise! So everything is falling into place! Remind me again why I spend so much of my life worrying? 

No comments:

Post a Comment