Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Good Day

I've been trying not to worry so much about the move and everything associated with it. It's one of my New Years resolutions. It's so hard for me NOT to worry about anything, that I've come to conclude that worry is a natural part of my mental makeup. This has me worried that I might take years off my life with all the stress I am constantly under, and that only makes it worse!
Anyway, as I am sure one can see, I have been pretty stressed out by this whole moving thing. So in an attempt to *gasp* actually enjoy it, I have been trying really hard not to worry so much about everything. So what if we didn't get the roof looked at a week ago like we planned? So what if the inspection has been postponed till tomorrow? So what if I haven't told work yet? So what if Michigan is having the coldest winter on record? So what if shipping all our stuff costs way more than any of it is worth? I keep telling myself that it will all be fine, that none of it is really a big deal in the grand scheme of things...But then last night I have all these crazy dreams about things going wrong. I dreamed I found a half starved dog in the trunk of my car, that we couldn't fix the bad parts of the foundation of the house ourselves and had to pay lots of money to have it done, I dreamed that I overheard people talking about how I was too old to be starting over like this, that I should have done it when I was younger, and finally I dreams that some of my paintings blew into the lake and I was trying to save them, but the wind kept lifting them up and carrying them away, and no body was helping me, not even Eduardo! It's a good thing I don't believe dreams mean anything or I'd be freaking out right now.
So if you can understand what I mean, I feel worried, even though I am not really worried this morning! And I am feeling kind of annoyed with Eduardo (since he didn't help me in my dream) even though he didn't do anything! Lol. Poor guy! Ha ha. He just can't win;) So I am making cinnamon rolls, and hoping that helps get me on the right path today.

Over all, I am still feeling pretty good about the move. I'm not getting that weird feeling when I wake up anymore. Maybe my brain has just resigned itself to the fact that this is actually going to happen, and no longer feels compelled to freak me out. So I guess it's turning out to be a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment