Sunday, May 4, 2014

Featuring: The Wall


04/16/14
I had the house to myself again today. The guys are off on another tile job.
We decided we needed to do a feature wall, to break up all of the neutral beige I am using on the rest of the house. I looked into getting wallpaper, but it turned out to be pretty pricey. And I don't know how to hang wallpaper, so... So I decided to experiment with taping and painting. I had to choose the color myself, and I think it might be a little too bold, but we'll see. My other option was a dusty earthy rose color, but I so love orange, that I went with it instead. And it was only $23, so if everyone hates it, it's not a big deal to re-do.
I don't know why I decided to do a stripe, but sometimes you just have to try something and not worry about whether or not it's a mistake, so that's what I did.
And I think it came out great! Much better than I was expecting it to. The tape held great, and despite the fact that the walls undulate like gently rolling hills, I was able to make the lines look straight to the eye. The whole process was not too hard, but a little time consuming. And there are a million ways you can tape and paint walls to create your own motif or pattern. It's like a whole new world has been opened to me! I've already thought of a bunch more ideas I might try here, or maybe in the next house! Cool!
I'm not sure what they guys will think of it, or even if I like the orange, but we'll see.

It is a feature though anyway, that's for sure!














No comments:

Post a Comment