Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rescued!

Staring fear in the face...off to the side!
As I have already stated I hate the scaffolding that is currently standing like a drunken behemoth of a bastard in the living room. It's not that I hate all scaffolding (I don't think) but we never did find the instructions to put it together per factory recommendations, and it scares the bejesus out of me. But I still had to paint the insides of the skylights and so...I rather un-elegantly made my way up onto it to prime them. (If you'd like further clarification on "unelegant" I suggest you ask Eduardo.)
It's hard to explain to someone who wasn't there, but everything about it just seems wrong. It's not nearly as stable as it looks. To be fair the guys have been all over it, and it has rocked back and forth under their weight and not collapsed, and they have been perfectly fine. But....
I didn't want to go up there. I loathed to go up there, but I finally managed to do so and that is a feat in and of itself. What? You try moving when every muscle and tendon in your body is as tight as a bow string I tried my best not to move too much but the goddamned son of a motherless son of a....triscut (I'm trying to keep this PC so Gram doesn't have to swear so much when she's reading aloud:), kept moving in the most anti-evolutionarily acceptable ways! It's no wonder our ancestors left the treetops. It's not safe!
I know that the guys said it was fine, and I know that they were up there and survived. But upon reading the "DONT'S" on the side of the apparatus, I was already aware of the fact we were breaking at least two of them, and there was a pile of support bars on the floor that we never did find a use for. What exactly am I supposed to make of that? I like to push my boundaries, but I don't have a death wish.
Anyway, I made it up there a total of three times. They were all awful and I didn't enjoy them at all. And Eduardo had to help me down which I am sure was entertaining. But on the last day, when I had to final paint them Dad stepped in and offered to finish off the job! WooHOO! Rescued! Of course I didn't say no. So I was saved at last. The skylights are done and I am done with the scaffolding!

Rescued by Daddoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment