Sunday, August 17, 2014

Before and After Part 2: Dining Room and Kitchen

It's been quite the transformation, and none more so than the kitchen I think. If you recall we ripped it out completely and started from scratch. There were pipes to fix, floors to pull up and put back down, painting, new cabinets, new appliances, new door and windows...pretty much new EVERYTHING. I think my favorite thing about the kitchen (besides the dishwasher that works amazingly!) is the granite tiled counter top. We didn't have the budget for a slab, but I honestly don't even miss it. I love the way it looks and functions, and I couldn't be happier. The one thing I might do differently in my own home would be to go for taller cabinets. They are custom and more money, but the standard size cabinets cannot accommodate things like tall bottles and wine glasses (without removing one of the three shelves), and I think it would be worth the extra money. But otherwise, I am very pleased with the way the kitchen turned out.




















1 comment:

  1. What a transformation! It's great that you were able to capture it all in the amazing before and after photos! I love the kitchen with it's clean white cabinets and the red accents! Good work!

    ReplyDelete