Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Finishing Up


Guys keeping it together while I fall apart!
I am pretty much useless these days. Between the nausea and the raging hormones, I don't have time left to do anything but be dramatic and overly sensitive about ordinary mundane things. It's exhausting I tell you! AND I can't drink coffee because the smell of it makes me want to barf! Did I mention that? Woe is me! But the good news is while I have been busy with growing a Tadpole, Eduardo and Dad have remained sane and are putting the "finishing touches" on the house and completing the last few things on the list of what needs to get done. Thank goodness. Somebody has to  keep their shit together otherwise we'll never get this done. I say finishing touches, but that makes it sound like they were caulking window sills, when in reality they were repairing a huge exterior wall and finishing the tile in the downstairs bath. The wall was damaged because of the leaky doorwall above in the master bedroom. So they had to pull off all the siding and board, clean it out, and then piece it back together again. It took several days, and a lot of patience, and they even had to dodge a few rain storms but they got it done. I am so glad they didn't need my help because I don't think I could have done it.
The bathroom came out really nice once it was finished. The feature tile really worked nice with the colors we chose and I am really happy with the way everything is coming together! We are in the home stretch! I can feel it!

The damage.

Rotten wood fro the leaky doorwall.

All the pieces of the puzzle.

Figuring things out.


Rebuilding the wall

Putting the siding back up!

Finishing up the bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment