Thursday, July 10, 2014

Carpet Crisis Averted!

The carpet has arrived!!!! 
06/03/14
We had the carpet installed today and the house looks done! I can't believe it! It seems like everything looked half finished for so long, then all in one day poof! It all looks finished! I love the carpet we chose. It really looks great. And I even like how it looks on the stairs. Oh man! I am STOKED! And the smell of the new carpet makes the whole house seem...brand new. All of the bad, old. yucky, smell is gone. Miss Meadowlawn has made a full recovery! 
We almost had an "incident" though. And by incident I mean me yelling and crying in Home Depot.What happened was that yesterday I got a call from the carpet company (working for Home Depot) saying that the carpet I had bought and paid for was discontinued, and that they were out of it, and that I needed to go back to HD (The Home Depot) and pick a new carpet and pay the difference! (When I bought it a couple weeks earlier the people at HD said it was in stock and carried on all the installation vans since it was so common.) I freaked out! I ran over to HD as soon as I got off the phone and looked at their selection, but nothing, NOTHING came close to the one we had chosen for the price. I almost cried. But before I did so, I went to talk to the carpet lady. It turns out it was discontinued, BUT...they had ONE more roll in the back! But was there enough to fill our order? We needed 109 yards, and there was 115 yards on the roll. Hallelujah! I asked her to go back and put a sign on it, and maybe chain a guard dog to it so no one else would take it. After she called the installers and told them to pick it up on their way to the house. I was so relieved! 
There were only two carpet guys, and it took them longer to do the stairs than the entire rest of the house, but they were still able to finish this afternoon, and what a difference! I especially love it after my scare yesterday. I admit I rolled around in it little bit after they left. Just to test it out. It passed with flying colors! How exciting! We are almost there!

New carpet and padding!

Testing it out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment