Sunday, July 6, 2014

Carpet Drama

My Hero
We are in the process of moving down to Meadowlawn but I have discovered that the smell of the new carpet is EXTREMELY nauseating to me! I felt really good this morning but as soon as I walked in the house and took a breath I felt terrible! I wasn't in there 10 minutes and I had to get out. I went and sat in my car, but by then I was already so sick, so I had to run in and was dry heaving in the toilet and gagging more because then I could smell the carpet again! I started crying because how are we supposed to move in to the house if I can't even breathe in there? I was supposed to help Eduardo hang the TV today but I seriously cannot be in there. So instead we went to Panera to calm my shattered nerves (Yes, I am being dramatic, but I am pregnant, so give me a break!) and I took some Dramamine hoping it would help. We got there just before a huge downpour so Eduardo ordered a coffee ( I had tea) and sat with me and we played a game of Rumikub. I don't know why it made me feel better but it did. It was the perfect thing for me under the circumstances and I was really grateful to him for hanging out with me and my hormonally-challenged self instead of leaving me there and going back to the house as was the original plan. After the rain let up he went to Meijer to get some Fabreez and baking soda to put on the carpet to get rid of the smell. Hopefully it works. Just the other day Eduardo was saying how excited he was to move in, and now I feel terrible because I am totally ruining it with this carpet thing. But I can't help it!  Normally I LOVE the smell of new carpet, remember when I posted that photo of me lying in it?!? Ugg, just the thought of that makes me want to barf now! What are we going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment