Monday, February 17, 2014

Driving Cross Country: Part 2

We are half way there! Actually we are more than half way. We are in Gioethsburg Nebraska, which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.We drove 1400 miles in two days, and besides really high winds for ALL of Wyoming, it's not been to bad. But according to the Weather Channel there is a winter storm headed our way (well, actually it's headed away from us but we will be driving into it) named Winter Storm Rex! Just like our little Rexy!
It's been going really well. I've been tired of course, and I worry about our stuff getting stolen out of our cars when we sleep at night, but those are normal things I think when driving across the country.  Today we hope to make it to Michigan. It really helps having the walkie-talkies to communicate while we are driving. I would totally recommend them to anyone who has to caravan by themselves in their vehicles. We have been using them all day, everyday.
I have been enjoying the drive, really. It's been quiet except for when I am chatting with Eduardo, and I've had plenty of time to think, and observe, and enjoy every aspect of the drive (at least when I'm not white knuckle driving through 50 mph winds;) and it's been great. I've even written a couple haiku (well I audio recorded them and wrote them down later)
We are getting a bit of a late start today. Well, actually Eduardo is. He didn't wake up until 7:45. But that's local time. At home it was only 5:45. That's ok though. We figure we have 15 hours left (let's say 18 for bad weather), and two days to make it, so we are not in a big hurry.

Eduardo is giving me evil looks, and lifting his eyebrows in a weird way, and being distracting to me while I am trying to write so I'm going to stop now.











No comments:

Post a Comment