Monday, October 20, 2014

The End


So we signed all the papers and our end is done. We just have to wait for the buyers to walk through the house and sign and then everything will be final. It's so stressful! It's 100x more stressful than I thought it would be. There were so many papers to be signed, and even though I was listening carefully to what they were saying, and looking them over as best I could, who knows if I really understood everything that I was signing. Much of it was similar to the papers I signed to buy the house, and that document I'd read thoroughly several times back in January, but still. Those things are never worded simply. And now I am regretting not taking longer to go over the papers with Eduardo. It's both of our house, and I was so caught up in trying to make sure I understood that I wasn't even thinking about whether or not he did. And I feel like he didn't get to take the time he might have wanted to look everything over before signing it all away.
*(Later on that evening) I was really pissed at myself for not thinking about that. It was so unnerving though to have all the months of hard work come down to that moment, and then to have it over and done so quickly. The whole thing took about 25 minutes. That's it. Afterward Eduardo seemed down, but he had to go to work, and I was so freaked out and out of sorts that I didn't want to go back to the apartment to sit and wait to go back to the real estate office to pick up the check after they were done with the walk through. So I went to Barnes and Noble to distract myself but it didn't work. Between the stress of signing papers, and feeling bad that I didn't give Eduardo more of a chance to look things over, I was almost in tears! And then we couldn't even talk about it because he had to go to work!
The agent called me back around 12:30 and I had the chance to meet the buyers. They were our age with two kids, and seemed really cool. For some reason that made me feel better. They also said it was OK if Eduardo brought his brother by to see the house next week when he is in town. I was really glad to be able to tell Eduardo that. So after chatting with them for a few minutes the title company lady gave me a packet with all the signed documents, and a check for the sale price minus the commission and taxes and I went back to the apartment to wait for Eduardo before taking it to the bank. After all that we have been through since last...October when we decided to move, I felt like we both needed to take that check to the bank. It represented months of hard work and tough decisions, and it was also the finish line, the pot of gold at the end of a long, sometimes stressful rainbow, that we decided we were going to be brave enough to pursue. So together we went to the bank and deposited the check. Not only had we restored Miss Meadowlawn to her former (or never before) glory, but we accomplished our goal, and flipped our first house!
*(Several days later) Then we went out for a celebration dinner and Eduardo got pneumonia.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment