Friday, October 17, 2014

Saying Goodbye


Last selfie in Miss Meadowlawn :(
I don't know if it's my hormones or what but I have had a HELL of a day! I am so emotionally exhausted I can barely think. Last night we got the last of the stuff out of the house. When we were leaving Eduardo said "goodbye house" and as I got in my car I burst into tears and cried all the  way back to the apartment! What the hell? Still I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I slept OK, and dreamed that Kurt Warner made me a turkey sandwich. Then I had coffee in my new owl mug, and admired my fall tree, and looked around our new apartment, and thought about how exciting today was going to be.
Then Eduardo got up and we went back to the house to rake at least the leaves off the driveway (because they are out of control now and EVERYWHERE!) We did that, then took one last walk around the house, and again I felt like crying. I don't know why. I'm not really sad, but I guess I think Eduardo might be and just the thought of that is making me feel extra emotional about the whole thing. He worked so hard, and put so much energy and effort and love into that house that I can't imagine how he feels now that it's time to let it go. And then I got to thinking about all the memories we made there, in that short amount of time! Peeing on a stick in the upstairs bathroom is when I found out I'm going to be a mom. Eduardo spent the first months knowing he is going to be a father there. I used a snow blower and mowed a lawn for the first time, and we had so many learning experiences and fun times with Dad doing the remodel. The more I thought about it the more bummed out I felt. I swear by 10:00 this morning my nerves were SHOT. And we still had to go to the closing!

Last walk through and look around.

The final goodbye and the last look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment