Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Appraiser

The dangerous crack.
 This whole selling process is going much slower than I thought it would. We didn't hear back about the inspection forever, and then the same thing happened with the appraiser. And he came back to our agent saying that the comps he had were too low, so our agent found a couple more that were higher (thankfully!) and so the appraiser OK'd it for $500 over what we were asking. But then a couple days ago we got a call from our agent saying that the appraiser told the mortgage company that there was a crack in the driveway that was a hazard (to women in high-heeled shoes apparently) and that it needed to be repaired before the loan could be approved! I was like WTF? Seriously? First of all he wasn't even the inspector. And then of all things to complain about it was the 1/8" crack in the driveway that was going to hold everything up?  Anyway Eduardo fixed it the other morning, and I sent pictures to our agent who sent them to the appraiser. Then yesterday the guy came back and said we needed to get rid of the uneven cement blocks on the side parking area, because they too are a hazard. I was really upset when I got that news. It's so annoying that the whole thing is being held up by stupid little things, and that I can't even do them while Eduardo is at work because I can't lift or do anything anymore! Anyway, Eduardo moved the blocks when he got home and I got gravel and filled them in. Hopefully this is good enough to close! How annoying though!

Our second emergency repair

No comments:

Post a Comment