Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thanks Uncle Jack!

 There are a couple things that I realized I somehow missed mentioning. So I'd like to do so now.
The first is that we got a new roof put on the house. It was our biggest single expense in the remodel, but totally necessary. It was done a few weeks ago. After some intense debate about what color roof to go with we chose "Charcoal" (I kinda thought red would be cool, but it was too risky for our fist remodel). The company we hired had a crew of about 7 guys, and they managed to get the whole thing up in two days. They also installed skylights, and worked through a pretty significant snow storm, so I was impressed. And the roof looks great. My only complaint (and it's not their fault because it was snowing like crazy) is that there are roofing nails all over the ground now.



The second thing is that we ordered new windows for most of the house. They had to be custom built, but we got a good deal at the Home Depot, although we paid for it in the time it actually took to place the order. They guy helping us was really helpful, but he made watching water boil, or paint dry (and I have a great deal of experience with the latter at this point) seem quick.
The last, and most important thing is that we got a couple unexpected visits from Uncle Jack and he brought us a full on happy hour both times, AND insisted we take a break and sit down for a few! Woohoo! Finally someone who understands my work style! There is nothing better than a cold beer/ beverage and an excuse to sit down for a few minutes when working on your first remodel. I will be forever grateful. And I think it's great that he was there for our first beers in our new place! It makes it extra special and memorable. 

Showing Uncle Jack around

Our first beer in the new house!

Yes, I was VERY happy
Break time courtesy of Uncle Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment