Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spindles and Stuff




Priming banisters and railings and patching and sanding walls is tedious work. I know because that is what I have been doing all week. When I need a break I sweep floors, pick up garbage, or pull nails out of trim, but for the most part it's been painting, patching and sanding.I don't dislike the work, in fact it's sort of...meditative in a way. But at the same time I feel like what I have done in a day is much less impressive than what Dad and Eduardo are doing. They are repairing whole walls in the amount of time it takes me to paint like three spindles of the railing. But I take comfort in the fact that the work still needs to be done, and I am doing it.

I want to write more, but I am just too tired. It's amazing how quickly the days are going, and how much we are able to squeeze into them. But they always end the same. Me content, but exhausted at 9:00 pm, and ready to hit the sack. At least tomorrow is Friday. That means another day of painting and patching and sanding, and then (hopefully) a couple days off to write and reflect and accomplish some of the other goals I set for myself. All of it sounds great. I've had a good week so far, and there is no reason why this weekend shouldn't be wonderful as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment