Monday, September 8, 2014

Sold? or Sold!

We have already started looking at houses again. We have had a lot of interest in Meadowlawn and the offer we got for $130K we have countered at $134K. We are waiting to hear back. We had another offer for $115, and one for $120 but those were so low that we didn't even bother counter offering. It's hard to not feel offended when someone offers such a low price. I know it's only business, but it's like how it was when the agents came through and priced the house low. I kind of take it personally somehow a little. I feel like they are trying to take advantage of me or think I'm stupid or something. It's weird. But then I think to myself, well, our first offer on this house was pretty low too. Granted it was a forclosure, so maybe the bank doesn't feel too attached to the houses it's trying to sell. Anyway, we are waiting to hear what they have to say.
*So it's a little later and I guess if the house appraises OK then we have sold it!!! When it's all said and done we will walk away with $132.5K, which is less than we were hoping, but still better than what most of the agents predicted. We just have a few things we need to take care of (like have the furnace guy come, and we've decided to hire an electrician to figure out our wonky light situation) before the appraiser comes through. Hopefully it appraises at the price we need it to. I don't know what we'll do if it doesn't. I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment