Monday, November 4, 2013

The First Time

The first time we saw her...
Getting ready for work this morning wasn't as awful as usual, I think because daylight savings just took affect. So I was up "early" and managed to get here on time.
Already I have nothing to do, which is why I am able to write. It could be another really long day...
I think my opinion about whether or not we should move is directly correlated with how many hours have passed since I sat at my desk at work and had absolutely nothing to do. Because right now, I'm already feeling like I should be somewhere else, doing something else. It's not that I don't enjoy sitting, having coffee and writing here....it's just that I have that feeling...that feeling like everything is passing me by. Like I'll look up one day from my computer screen and be 44 and not have any idea where the last ten years have gone. In a way I already feel like that, and I don't like it. I've spent the last five years (at least) taking the safe road. And the truth is, it hasn't been all that bad. But it's not what I wanted. Not really anyway. And while it is true that I have really enjoyed the stability of it, the cost has been boredom. I don't mean boredom in the day to day sense, because I am almost never bored. But I mean in the big picture. From where I am sitting now, there is no "big possibility" no chance to make a killing, or get ahead. There is no gamble, nothing like that.  Things will just stay the same, except maybe I could get laid off if things slow down too much. It will take me 50 years to save up enough money to buy a house, and who knows I might be dead by then anyway. If I stay here it will be work as usual except for the budgeted $2000 a year for a week in Hawaii or Florida, and maybe an occasional trip home. Because that is all we will be able to afford.
I wish I could just keep my job for a little longer and still move to Michigan. That would make everything a lot easier for me to decide. Even if I didn't get insurance or any of that. If I could keep my job, at least part time, and be there...it would be great. At least to start.
So Dad went to look at another property this afternoon, and he sent me a text saying he thinks this could be "the one". It's the best one he's seen and his agent thinks there is the potential to make up to $30,000 on it if it's done properly. That is way more than we were expecting.
He sent us the listing, and I have to admit I think the place has great curb appeal, and has great bones. The kitchen is open to the dining room, and there is a library/loft area, and it has an attached garage. The location is in Fort Gratiot, which isn't exactly what I was hoping for. But if the resale potential is that high, I can deal with it. THat is the point after all. But now I'm feeling a little nervous. All these thoughts are going through my head. How long do we have to decide? How much will renovations be? Are we ready to move? How soon would we have to move? How long would it take us to do the renovations?  Ahhhhhhh!!!!
There is the possibility that our investment company (the one my brothers and I started) could buy the house, and Eduardo and I pay for the renovations. I'd be fine with that, and then just pay back DMI with a percent of the sale. It would be much easier for us to handle money-wise as well.
We are going to call my dad tonight and see what he thinks about all of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment